BayFest Volunteer Opportunities
Both military and civilian volunteers are needed for BayFest 2011, taking place on Friday, July 15 through Sunday, July 17 at Marine Corps Base Hawaii at Kaneohe Bay. Volunteer opportunities onsite include:
- Drivers: Drivers are needed to shuttle musical artists to and from the concert venue. Qualified persons must be 18 years or older and have a valid drivers license. Priority goes to active duty members rank E5 and below who are single or unaccompanied.
- Retail: Assist in the retail tent stocking merchandise and helping customers.
- Food and Beverage: Volunteers will be serving food and/or beverages. In order to serve alcoholic beverages, volunteers must be at least 21 years old. Food workers should be at least 18 years old.
- Ticketing: These volunteers welcome patrons to BayFest. Volunteers may also be wristbanding and taking tickets.
- ID & Entrance and Exit Gate Control Points: ID checkpoint volunteers must be 21 years or older and will be enforcing drinking policies. Entrance and exit gate control point volunteers will ensure only proper personnel are backstage. May also be needed as stage hand. Should be able to lift approximately 40 pounds. Must be at least 18 years old to work in this area.
- Marketing: Volunteers at least 16 years old are needed to help with advertising distribution.
- Contest support: Provides general assistance for the Stand-Up Paddleboard Race, GNC BodySearch Competition and the Bathtub Regatta.
Various shifts are available. All volunteers receive admission to the general BayFest attractions, t-shirt, meal coupon and more. Please contact (808) 257-7787 or (808) 257-7790 for more information and to get involved.